Convention organizers also released a list of items that will be restricted on-site for Thursday’s program at INVESCO Field at Mile High. Those attending are advised that the list of items not allowed on-site includes but is not limited to:
- Outside food and beverage of any kind, including alcoholic beverages, coolers and bottled water
- Umbrellas (in case of inclement weather, the public is encouraged to bring raincoats or ponchos)
- Large bags, suitcases or backpacks
- Noisemakers, air horns, whistles, cowbells, horns, bull horns or other voice enhancement devices.
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a security risk
- Any and all unauthorized merchandise, including unapproved pamphlets, handouts, advertisements, etc.
- Knives of any size, razor blades or sharp and/or pointed objects like scissors, knitting needles, etc.
- Mace/pepper spray or aerosol containers
- Weapons of any kind, including toy weapons, or any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety as well as canes, chains, sticks of any length (non-medical use canes
- Screwdrivers or Leatherman brand or similar tools
- Dangerous or hazardous items or materials including chemical, biological, radiological, etc.
- Animals (except service dogs & guide dogs)
- Folding chairs
- Laser devices
- Bikes, inline skates, skateboards, scooters, shoes with wheels
- Illegal drugs and any other illegal substances
- Frisbees or inflated balls of any kind
INVESCO Field at Mile High policy for this event prohibits strollers or baby seats from being taken into the stands or left in section entrances.
The camera policy is as follows: Cameras with lenses less than 75mm and small hand-held video cameras are permitted, provided they do not obstruct the view of other attendees. Professional cameras or any other audio/video recording equipment are not allowed to be brought in to the stadium unless the user has the appropriate Convention press credential.
While some of these might make sense, no outside food or water, for a seven hour wait? I guess it's only government-approved food and water for the Obamaites. Sounds a lot like an internment camp, if you ask me.
So basically, participants will be