Thursday, January 29, 2009

Right brain or left brain?

Tonight's test:



Which way do you see the dancer turning -- clockwise, or anti-clockwise?

From the video description:

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa. Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses logic
detail oriented
facts rule
words and language
present and past
math and science
can comprehend
knowing
acknowledges
order/pattern perception
knows object name
reality based
forms strategies
practical
safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS
uses feeling
"big picture" oriented
imagination rules
symbols and images
present and future
philosophy & religion
can "get it" (i.e. meaning)
believes
appreciates
spatial perception
knows object function
fantasy based
presents possibilities
impetuous
risk taking

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am left-handed, which supposedly means I'm right brain dominant. I see the dancer turning clockwise and, no matter how hard I concentrate on it, I cannot see her turning counter-clockwise.

But the description of right brain peraonlity are completely opposite of me.

Going by their "left brain/right brain" functions, I should be a liberal...but I'm very logical, detail oriented, factually based, etc.

I think they may be a bit out to lunch on that part of it. At least in my case.

Maybe God just put my brain in backward?