Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Welcome, Mr. President, and good luck

Today, Barack Obama, our nation's 44th President was sworn in. His oath of office, specified in Article II, Section 1 of the Constitution, reads thusly:
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

And while President Obama's political ideology and record on several critically important issues, including gun control and the Second Amendment, are at odds with my own, I congratulate him on his historic electoral victory.

I wish him good luck as he strives to fulfill and remain faithful to his solemn oath of office to "preserve, protect, and defend" the Constitution, and join him in praying that the Lord will continue to bless our great nation.

Good luck, Mr. President.

No comments: