Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pennsylvania open-carry soccer mom interviewed

Article and interview with the Pennsylvania soccer mom who's suing her local sheriff for revoking her carry permit (her permit was restored by a local judge):
Q: Why did you carry a gun to the soccer game?

A: Like it or not, I do not have to validate myself to the public for my actions, ... I have come to the conclusion that this is an impossible task. It may sound arrogant, but ... the Constitution has guaranteed me a right, and there is nothing more to say about it.
People who say, 'You do not need a gun at a soccer field,' ... I wonder if they could tell me when I will need it? That way I could just avoid that time and place.
...
Q: Did you grow up with guns?

A: I did not grow up in a home with guns. ... I have been carrying for just about a year, although I did start learning about firearms, safe handling, and how to shoot more [than] 2 1/2 years ago. It was a long process as I wanted to do things in such a way that I felt I was ready to responsibly own and carry a firearm.

No, I am not a hunter. ... That question cracks me up! I am a vegetarian.

Article here.

No comments: