Friday, December 26, 2008

Just what's up there, anyway?

From the Palm Beach Post:
RIVIERA BEACH — A day after he was hit by a stray bullet in the back of the head, 74-year-old E.T. Strickland was back at work today - with the slug still stuck in his skull.

"I am the luckiest guy in the world," Strickland said from his business, Sunrise Financial Corp. in Palm Beach Gardens. "An inch more to the front and it would have hit me straight on. As it is, it just glanced around and lodged in the back."

The bullet hurts, he says, but not enough to stop him from going back to work.

"We sell commercial real estate so it's got to go on," Strickland said. "I didn't know what else to do and I felt pretty good."

Strickland and his wife, Pam, were driving home to Singer Island from a belated birthday dinner at Taboo in Palm Beach on Tuesday night when he was hit by a bullet from an attempted armed robbery outside the Walgreens near Broadway and Blue Heron Boulevard.

"The instant it hit me, I felt like somebody had hit me with a baseball bat," he said. "I saw the hole in the window and the blood. I pulled over so I could bleed outside the car."
...
Meanwhile, he says he's not going anywhere even though his home has been broken into twice, his car was once stolen on Singer and his wife's car was broken into on mainland Riviera Beach.

"It would be unlikely that a fifth thing would happen," Strickland said, "but then again, that is what I said about the fourth thing."

Article here. Lucky guy.

No comments: