Wednesday, November 24, 2010

TSA - The tip of the Police State spear

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Ben Franklin.


The stories of the TSA sexual assault gropings / perv-scanners continue apace. From Karl Denninger comes this list (with sources):
The following are 22 quotes about enhanced pat downs and TSA groping.  They are presented without commentary because they speak for themselves.  Please share these quotes as widely as possible.  If Americans do not wake up now, when will they ever wake up?….


#1 Blogger Erin Chase:
I stood there, an American citizen, a mom traveling with a baby with special needs formula, sexually assaulted by a government official. I began shaking and felt completely violated, abused and assaulted by the TSA agent. I shook for several hours, and woke up the next day shaking.


#2 ABC News producer Carolyn Durand:
“The woman who checked me reached her hands inside my underwear and felt her way around.”


#3 Wendy James Gigliotti:
“She said ’spread your legs.’ And then she took her full palms and started at my neck and ran all the way down my body, full palms, constant contact. And when she got down to my feet, she was in constant contact from my ankles all the way up to my groin, across my groin, and down the other leg. And she did that twice.”


#4 Female air traveler Ella Swift:
“The female officer ran her hand up the inside of my leg to my groin and she did it so hard and so rough she lifted me off my heels.”


#5 Flight attendant Cathy Bossi:
“She put her full hand on my breast and said, ‘What is this?’.  And I said, ‘It’s my prosthesis because I’ve had breast cancer.’ And she said, ‘Well, you’ll need to show me that’.”
...
Please read the full list (22 items, all with linked sources) here. Also available here.

These are nothing less than assaults and batteries on peaceful citizens. Naturally, members of the ruling class such as Sen. Jay Rockefeller thinks TSA head John Pistole is doing "a terrific job".

At some point, red-blooded Americans may decide to implement their own, uh, kinetic response to such travesties. And if that happens, the bloodbath the ruling class seems to keep pushing for will be on. Heaven help us.

Here's Congressman Ron Paul on the TSA [via Karl Denninger's Market Ticker]:



Some of the machines even seem to require that you assume the surrender / "I give up" position:


How appropriate, no?

No comments: