Monday, August 10, 2009

Nancy Pelosi, Queen of the Astroturfers

Via The Anchoress, comes this photo essay by El Marko on a recent Denver protest. An excerpt:
This is the first time in my life that I can recall a government in North America organizing protests of one group of citizens against another. This is standard operating procedure in countries with left-wing governments.
...
This clinic is adjacent to Denver’s day laborer pickup street, Park Avenue. Being fluent in Spanish, El Marco asked these guys “¿hablan ingles?” “casi nada” was the reply from our amigo on the left. I asked him if he could tell me what the signs said. “¿Quien sabe?” (who knows?) was all he said to me, with a big grin. I’m kicking myself for not asking them how much they were getting paid to support the grassroots.

Go take a look. You may want to read The Anchoress' take (with lots of links) on the vilification of the townhall protesters here.

Personally, I think the Left is just getting warmed up with these tactics, aided and abetted by an adoring mainstream media that, with few exceptions, is totally in the tank for the Left. Witness the general lack of coverage of the Tea Party protests, or the use of the term "Teabagger" (a slang term describing a sexual act) to derogate their message of fiscal restraint and obedience to the Constitution.

Expect more union goons to be sent forth by their masters in the White House to bully and intimidate more middle-aged and middle-class parents and grandparents trying to make their voices heard by their elected servants. I wouldn't be surprised if the currently isolated physical confrontations become more widespread, as the Left steps up its intimidation tactics, and the tension, frustration and resentment at such tactics grows.

No comments: